Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blog free lifestyle

I have been reading up on my friends' blogs and have come to a conclusion or two.

One, I live a very boring life. Yes, things happen in my daily life that could make a blog, but I don't always think people need to know about the daily details. At this point, those details just entail Christopher's diaper rash and driving Colin back and forth to school. Not the most exciting news ever.

Two, I have had no desire to write down the simple things lately. My life with my kids and Roger is absolutely wonderful. Lately, however, I don't feel any push to take the time to sit down and make a witty story out of it. I just want to live in it and enjoy it all, even when I'm not always enjoying it. If I stopped and shared every event, every cute smile, and every cute/funny saying I would be too concentrated on my grammar and spelling of the event and not on the event itself. That's no way to share things.

Having said all of that, I am going to try and do better at sharing the funny stories and the not so funny stories as well because they are all important to me. This is my life, boring as it may be sometimes, and I love it. That's what makes it worth sharing. Diaper rash and car rides here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, it's the most mundane things that touch our hearts. I have had the same issues lately about not wanting to write, but it is usually because my day involves a lot of power struggles, stresses and exhaustion. Writing about it, though, can help us enjoy the little things even more. So have fun with it, and I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back, I find that boring is where the real flavour of life resides, where most of what people call "real living" happens.
    I've had exciting in both its fun and its terrifying varieties and found it unsustainable.
    Stick with boring. Savour the simple pleasures of car rides and diaper rash and skinned knees and smiles and ice cream. Savour it, for it is life.

    ReplyDelete