Friday, October 8, 2010

My latest endeavor...



I did it! I finished the Virginia Beach Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon. My official time was 2:29, but according to my friend and training partner Carole's Garmin watch, it was actually 2:23. Her watch stopped when we stopped, so it's actually more accurate. At least that is what I am telling myself! It was a great accomplishment for me and I am very excited. I am already signed up for my second one at the end of the month in Myrtle Beach--I must be crazy, considering that my recovery took me so long and I walked around like a very old lady with terrible arthritis for at least a week! Oh well, I will rest someday!!!!

I also raised almost $500 for T.A.P.S (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors) which takes care of fallen soldiers' families. I was honored to be a part of that. I ran in honor of Sgt. Jason Schumann, who was with my brother in Iraq and was killed. I am including a picture of my brother, who also ran the race (much faster than me) and is the reason I know about T.A.P.S in the first place. It's a great organization and if you want more information, you can go to http://www.taps.org/.





Here is a picture of Sgt. Jason Schumann.


1 comment:

  1. I'm really proud of what you did and who you represented. To honor a fallen brother is truly the greatest respect you can give to his family and brothers / sisters in the field.

    Great job Ang - Roger

    ReplyDelete