Saturday, June 6, 2009

Christopher is 1!!


On June 4th, we celebrated Christopher's first birthday. It has been a crazy birthday week in our house! I don't know if I have ever eaten so much cake in my life. Anyway, we woke up at the normal 7 am and I went to get Christopher out of bed. He was screaming by this time to get our attention. I was greeted by a giant poopy diaper up his back. Happy Birthday, buddy.

Probably the best part of the day was when Roger, Sue, and I were standing in the kitchen and Colin and Christopher were playing in Colin's new "Jump-o-lene" in the office. We hear Colin's sweet voice say, "Happy Birthday, Christopher." Kiss. "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday day dear Christopher....Happy Birthday to you. I love you, Christopher." He probably pushed him over or took something from him not long afterwards, but we will always have that memory of him being so sweet to his little brother. Those are the precious moments.




After naps, we opened up gifts and had cake. He wasn't sure what to do with all of the stuff he got. It didn't help that Colin wouldn't let him open half of them without taking over, so we had some disagreements there, but he got the hang of it and when we opened up the toy boxes and he got to play, all was well! Christopher is quite the cake connoisseur these days and he dug right in. He enjoyed us singing to him, but was happy when it was over and he could eat! Here is a short video and the pictures of the wonderful day that was my big boy's 1st birthday!








1 comment: