Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stripped of Mother of the Year...

Well, 2009 will not be my year. Not only did I forget Easter, but after over a week of raving about how excited I have been about my Mother's Day Tea today at school with Colin, I forgot. Yep, forgot. Not something came up and we had to change plans--FORGOT. I woke up extra tired today for some reason and was lounging around in pajamas, hanging out with Colin, feeding Christopher breakfast, thinking how great it was that I didn't have to do anything until the evening when the "OH, NO!!" moment hit.

I looked at the clock and it was 9:36 am. The Tea started at 9 and ended at 10. I FREAKED OUT!!! I immediately started crying and flew up the stairs to take a 2 minute shower and grab some clothes for the kids so I could try and get there. Keep in mind that we live at least 25 minutes from his school, so I knew we weren't going to make it even close to the time. I called the school bawling my head off and told the director what happened and she said to come on when I could get there because there was stuff for me. She was so sympathetic which made me feel worse! Oh, and the WORST thing was that Colin was much less concerned about missing the Tea, and was very worried about why I was crying. He said "Mommy, why are you crying?? Big girls don't cry...that makes me sad when big girls cry!!" At this he proceeded to cry with me. Oof. He could have punched me in the stomach and it would have hurt less! It was so sweet to know that he was concerned. Granted, I probably scared him to death with my hysterics.

Anyway, needless to say, I didn't make it in time, but I did get to pick up the cutest art that Colin had made for me. I will take pictures and post them in the near future. But after my emotional day, I am going to gorge on some ice cream and lament the loss of my baby's first school Mother's Day event.

No comments:

Post a Comment