Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloweeeeeeen...

I have discovered that I dislike Halloween. I dislike it a lot, and I hate that I am such a Halloween Grinch (I coined this term for myself. You may borrow it if you want to.) but I really hate the lead up to the day and all the costumes and decorations bug me. See, Grinch.


I remember in college, people would get all dressed up for Halloween and I always looked at them with such disdain, while secretly talking about them in my head. What about this day made it any different to go to a party, drink lots of alcohol, and eventually wander back home, only to pass out and wake up with a headache, but on this day you were expected to make an ass out of yourself and dress up in a costume. It never did and still doesn't make any sense to me. It's not fun for me to play dress up--I never liked it. I could drink beer whether I was dressed up or not. Grinchy, grinchy, grinch, grinch.


The only reason I even "celebrate" it at all now is because I have two little munchkins who think dressing up in costumes is a blast and their smiles make it worth it. Here are the pictures of my two very cute Halloweeners. Ha ha, I said weeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment