Sunday, November 7, 2010

Playing catch up...again

I don't have too much to report this time. :)

I ran my second half marathon October 24th. It was the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon. It was painful (really painful) but I did it, and managed to beat my previous time by about 16 minutes. My time was 2:12:04. I must have stopped to stretch about 70 times, but I did it. The craziest thing was that even through all the pain, I was able to spend some time hanging out with Carole (or K-roll as she was dubbed by Colin when he was just 2 and couldn't say her name right) afterwards. Roger and the kids were hanging out at home so I got a girl's weekend with a little run thrown in. We had a blast, but I was reminded why drinking all day is no longer a part of my life! I am sure I will run another one, but for now, my body needs time to heal. It's hard for me to sit and wait but it has to be done. Maybe I will just start eating a lot of crappy food instead! :)

This is us directly after our finish...ew.


This is us all dolled up for post race food and drinks. Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment