Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Miller Thanksgiving 2010

We had a wonderful day of food, laughs, and joyful interaction with new friends. We were invited (approximately a year ago) to go to Roger's mentor's home for Thanksgiving dinner. They live on a mountain in Asheville, so we made the drive up to eat. It was such a wonderful time. I was so proud of the boys because they were both so polite and well behaved. I received many compliments about them throughout the day and it brings pure joy to my heart. There was a small group of college age girls there for dinner and they instantly won the boys' hearts. They played hide and seek, tag, got buried in the leaves, and they just had an overall great time with them. It was nice to have some adult time and not worry about them!

One major thing was missing for me, besides the obvious family members that I miss so much. Mashed potatoes. I might have to whip up a batch tomorrow because there is something wrong with Thanksgiving and no mashed potatoes. Just saying.

This year definitely beats last year's drama of football, broken legs, hospital visits, 10-hour drives, and stress. Oh, and the Cowboys lost today (I love you, Roger!). Great day!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment