Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yep, 2 in one day!



I can now go on to tell about what has been happening around here lately.

As soon as we got back to South Carolina, it was back to reality. Roger traveled the next week to Salemburg and it was just me and the boys for a few days. Those weeks are alway rough. Colin is at the age now where he really feels his dad's absence. It's quite hard for me to watch and know that nothing I do will help.

This leads me into my experiences with Colin as a 3 1/2-year-old. This poor boy is trying so hard to figure out this world. Usually at the expense of my sanity. Leave behind the memories of eaten earrings, swallowed vitamins, and torn up advent calendars. Now we are into the stage of talking back, getting in trouble at preschool, and bolting away from me in stores. Where did my little sweet baby boy go? I had forgotten during all of my babysitting days what this stage was...oh wait, I wasn't entirely responsible for those kids. Now, every single decision affects his life. Wasn't I just a carefree college student yesterday? When did this life of responsibility hit me? Phew. I am assured that this is normal and will pass. Boy oh boy I hope it goes soon. The bonus is that he is also extremely affectionate. We are getting lots of cuddle time and extra "I love you, Mommy" moments. So I must be doing something right.

2 comments:

  1. Kaylee never had a "terrible two" phase...instead she was horrible during her threes!!! Ryleigh, on the otherhand, hit that Terrible Two mark FULL force!! Seriously, things calm down by four...then they are mini-teenagers :)

    Side note...glad to see you FINALLY posted!! Gosh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The three's are worse than the two's and the fives are worse than the threes. We won't even talk about the middle school and teen years. Things seem to level out sometime in the late 20's.

    One word: Payback!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete