Monday, March 2, 2009

An actual snow day!



Well yesterday we finally got some snow! I had pretty much given up on seeing any this year, but leave it to good old March to bring it in!

Unfortunately, I was out when it hit (my stupidity for not believing the weather report) at a Tastefully Simple get together well across town. I got in the car to drive home and was SLAMMED with the worst of it. It turned my 30 minute trip into 2 hours. Not to mention that I was sliding ALL OVER THE ROAD. About 3 miles from home, the snow on top of the Xterra slid down the front windshield and blocked the driver side wiper. I pulled over to the gas station on the corner and cleared the snow off...which did no good at all. The wiper was burnt out after struggling against the heavy snow. Great. I am now 2 miles from home in a crazy snow and have no windshield wiper on my side. I think "I can make it...I am going to get home." Again, stupidity. Not even a minute after turning out of the gas station, my car starts dovetailing like crazy...slowly, but crazily. Going, going, going, straight into the ditch on the right side of the road (luckily missing the stuck, abandoned Mustang that was sitting there). Thank God for good samaritans because a man saw me struggling with trying to get back on the road and stopped for me (while I was freaking out on the phone with Roger wondering what to do, he was trying to talk me through how to do it, but nothing was working). He pulled me out with a chain and I was able to get moving again (still with no wiper, but if I sat up and to the right a little bit I could see out the other side of the windshield; safe, right?). Luckily, I got home and shakily grabbed on to Roger as soon as I walked in. I scooped Colin up (Christopher was in bed already) and just hugged him. It was scary and I will not go out in that kind of weather purposely again.

Anyway, waking up this morning was pleasurable because Colin came in (at 7:23, not 5:30--we seem to have broken that habit finally!!!!) and said "Mommy! Mommy! Can we go outside and play in the snow????" He was so excited! I said "Yes, you can go out, but get Daddy. I was up all night with Christopher" (which is true, I think little man is getting more teeth). But no harm, we all got up and got bundled to go outside. Here are the pictures of the boys having fun. It is truly a beautiful thing as long as I am not driving in it!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment