Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

After our snowy weekend and beginning of the past week, we are in a heat wave. It is gorgeous outside. Clear, blue skies, breezy, and supposed to get into the 70s. Yesterday was wonderful as well and after I got some cleaning done (the snow wreaked havoc with our red clay and our crazy dogs tracked it EVERYWHERE. Thank God for the Dyson!!) Colin and I went outside and cleaned up the backyard a bit. There were all kinds of old, broken (aka, dog chewed) toys around the yard as well as our pool which was kindly popped by Sophie at the end of the summer, so we got rid of them all. Now we have to get something for Colin to do outside. We need to put more sand in the sandbox and get him some fun sports equipment to play with (that the dogs can't destroy) so that he can spend as much time out there as possible. He loves to be outside but gets bored and entertains himself with the rocks--which Sophie loves, but she is too stupid to realize that eating the rocks upsets her stomach and we end up cleaning up rock vomit. Fun. Anyway, after cleaning up the yard, we headed to the front yard where Colin and I ran around the yard re-enacting the moving Wall-e. He was Wall-e and I was Eve. I must have looked so cool running around with my arms out like I was flying and yelling "WA-ALLL-EE!!" We had lots of fun, though, and I am glad that I am not pregnant this year so I can enjoy many more days like this.

Today I think we will head to a park and spend as much time outside as we can. I will take some spring style pictures of the boys and just enjoy the sunshine. Of course, Spring makes me think of all of the things I want to do around the house. I am dying to get some of the boxes out of our garage that have all of our books and stuff that we had displayed in our old house (yes, 2+ years ago). The problem is that we have no shelf to put it all on. Then this reminds me that I want to get our living room and foyer painted. This would include someone climbing a giant ladder (probably scaffolding) as our 18 ft. ceilings are a bit high up there. Neither of us is willing to do it, but hiring someone seems as though it would cost a bundle. I keep asking for this for birthdays and Christmas, but have yet to get it. Hint, hint. I also need to get into our flower bed and pull some dead weeds and trim the bushes. Something many of you might not know about me is that I LOVE pulling weeds and trimming the bushes. I may not be good at the trimming part, but there is something about the weeding that relaxes me. Weird, considering that I know nothing about gardening. I can't wait to take pictures of our beautiful flowers this year. Again, now that I'm not pregnant I can get out and do these things without getting out of breath so I am ecstatic! Anyway, look for spring pictures of the kiddos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment