Monday, April 20, 2009

Crazy week

On Saturday morning I got up with the kids around 7 and was in the process of scrambling some eggs when I got a phone call at 8:00 on the dot. It is strange for my mom to call me that early (considering that most everyone knows that I am not a morning person). Unfortunately, she was calling to inform me of my Grandad Previti's (her dad) passing the night before. Not a fun phone call. I looked into trying to get up to Northern Virginia for the funeral and to be there for her, but with this week being nuts and the airfare prices being exorbitant I am unable to go. My heart, mind, and prayers are with my family right now.

Saturday afternoon, I took Colin to his friend Reid's birthday party. We, of course, left the present and the basket for the egg hunt in the kitchen. Bah. My mind is really struggling to connect things this week and this was just the beginning. He had a blast. A lot of friends from his class were there and I got to talk with some of the moms which was nice. It was a lot of fun.

Sunday, we were planning on going to the Greenville Drive baseball game, but due to rain we decided it was not a great idea. Instead, I made a delicious meatloaf, potato, and broccoli dinner and we had our neighbors (who are wonderful, especially since she made this FABULOUS pineapple cream pie for dessert) over. They have a little girl named Maddie who is 2 days older than Christopher and we always have a really great time together. It was a fantastic alternative to the game.

Today, I took Christopher to get his 10 month portraits done and they turned out really great! I can't believe he is growing up so fast. He is very photogenic and it caused problems when it came to decisions about which ones I wanted. I spent a little bit more than I planned, but I am happy with my choices. Now, if I can just send them out with the 8 month ones we had taken 2 months ago then we will be in business. When we got home, I got to play with Colin and watch my favorite Disney movie, Tarzan. I can't believe how much I still get into it. The scary thing is that it came out when I was already an adult. I used to dance a blue streak with my niece and nephew to this soundtrack (almost 10 years ago) and I loved sharing it with Colin. He and I have been really needing some time together and this was wonderful.
The rest of the week is going to be just as nuts. Tomorrow is school and I have to work at the gym in the evening. Wednesday we don't have any set plans (thankfully) but I have to go to the gym in the evening. Thursday morning is Christopher's ear tube surgery. I am a bit nervous, but I have heard there is nothing to it, so I am trying to keep my mind positive about it. I am confident that this is going to be the best thing for him and that he will not have and problems so at this point I am slated to go to the gym that evening, but we'll see. Please pray that all goes well. Then Friday, I am leaving for Wilmington to go to my sister's house and we have a hotel room (ocean front suite, actually) for her Bachelorette Party on Saturday night (wooooooo!!). Exciting! I am glad the week will be ending on a positive note.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, our thoughts are with you, your mom, and your family. Tough week, for sure! But I'm glad you have a light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete