Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Urrrrgh...

I might give up. Maybe I need to just concede and keep that bacteria pile I had a while back around as punishment or something. I swear I don't see an end in sight!

Colin had another migraine attack on Monday night. I should have seen it coming when he was weepy after his nap and cried for the first hour we were at the gym (which he never does anymore). I got him to calm down, stop crying, and actually play a little bit by bribing him with McDonald's after the gym (plus milkshake). I went to pick him up an hour after that and the first thing he says is "Mommy, my head hurts." Oh, great. I pumped him with some water and prayed that we would make it home before the inevitable barfing began.

Nope. Not this time.

We went through the drive through and I thought that he would try his milkshake. Instead I got a headshake and the look. I said, "Maybe close your eyes and rest for a minute and your head will feel better." Grasping for straws because I knew what was coming. We made it about another 10 minutes (I had given him a bag by now) and I heard the splat. Poor thing was 5 minutes from home. It probably doesn't help that the ride home is all country roads and really curvy. Oops, my bad, Colin. Who doesn't like riding in the car when they are nauseous and it's curving all over the place? Unfortunately, the bag didn't protect everything (he missed a bit). I get him calmed down and cleaned up enough (thank God for baby wipes) to get back on the road. I gave him another bag, but thankfully we didn't have to utilize it! I called Roger to give him a heads up when we got home. The rest of the night was ok, and he went down for the night just fine. Phew. Game over, right?

Wrong.

Tuesday morning he was up and happy. That lasted about a minute. He layed on the couch all morning still complaining of a headache, but with no other symptoms. We had planned on driving up to see Roger at work for dinner and I was really hoping it would work out so I told Roger we would play it by ear. He and I took a nap together and he awoke a new child so we made the drive and had a great time visiting Daddy and meeting some of the police officers that he was teaching for the week. He was fine.

Fast forward to the evening. We get home, get Christopher (who has been fine since his surgery, by the way) in bed and Colin and I read a couple of books and he goes to bed fine. At 11 pm I hear his door open and he says, "Mommy, my teeth hurt." What??? So I make my way upstairs to get ready for bed, and when I get up there to him he is on fire. I go through the questions: does your head hurt? No. Do your ears hurt? No. Does your tummy hurt? No, just my teeth, Mommy. Geez. I take his temperature and it is 102.8. I am freaking out but don't want to scare him, so I give him some Motrin and tell him he can sleep with me (Roger had to stay overnight at work). I go through the questions again and he assures me he feels fine except that his teeth hurt (which I discover is a result of him grinding them and tell him that is why they hurt so he stopped that). We woke up around 7:30 and fever is gone and he is as happy as he has ever been.

I am at a loss as to what the fever was all about, but we have a doctor appointment for a recheck on his ears tomorrow anyway, so I figure I will bring all of this stuff up then. I just don't know what else to do at this point. I am going to request a referral to an allergist to have him tested. He has nosebleeds (which he has had two of in the past 3 days as well, just to add to the fun) as well as the headaches, and I wonder if it isn't allergies. Please pray. Both for his well-being and my sanity. I am quickly losing the latter!

2 comments:

  1. Good grief, Ang! I'm exhausted just reading that post! Poor thing! I get sad when Hailey skins her knee...I can't imagine! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela..I have been out of town and just getting around to read the blogs. I am so sorry! Your poor little boys!!! You get one better and the other one falls apart!

    Are the headaches coming from the teeth grinding or is there another factor that you are thinking about?
    I had no idea that children that young could have migraines! OOF!

    ReplyDelete