Friday, August 28, 2009

5 years!


Happy Anniversary to us! August 28, 2004 was a beautiful, sunny day and everything about it was perfect. Well, that is excluding the small fight I had with the florist for forgetting a boutonniere, but that is minor and was fixed immediately after a short, not so patient phone call from me!

The wedding ceremony was very simple and so much fun! Not one tear, but tons of laughs! Roger smiled through the entire ceremony, which made me smile (and giggle like a school girl). Every time that the pastor took a pause, Roger said "I do." It was funny--he couldn't wait to be Mr. Angela Snyder...uh, I mean to make me Mrs. Roger Miller. :)

We had such a wonderful time there that we decided to continue it on into the reception. We had a great time and (BONUS!) only one fire! One of the candles that was around the cake fell over during our dance and started a fire on the table cloth. Luckily my sister-in-law Elizabeth was able to get to it before it got bad. My 2.5-year-old niece, Danielle, gets the shout out for seeing it first! There was dancing, some drinks, and lots of food, and then it was on to the Tiki Bar in Virginia Beach for a party with more friends. We had our own section of the place because we knew the owners and it was wonderful to see those who didn't get to come to the reception, but were able to come hang out with us anyway.

We have had a wonderful 5 years together and I look forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment