Saturday, August 29, 2009

Colin's first day of K-4

Colin started his K-4 (known in most places as preschool, but for some reason here, it's considered Kindergarten 4--welcome to SC) last Monday. He goes 4 days a week from 9am to 1pm. He is doing great already, although his stubbornness was a problem on day 1. He didn't want to do anything the teacher wanted him to do. After a little talk with me after school about how important it is for him to listen to his teacher, he didn't have another problem all week. He learned all of the routines right away (kiss me goodbye, go in, hang up his backpack, put his lunch box in his cubby, put on his name tag, put his monkey on the tree (it's a system for taking roll), and go sit at his table. I am so proud that he can do this by himself! I want nothing more than for him to be as independent as possible when he is away from me. He had 4 green days and that meant that he was able to pick a treat from the treasure box on Thursday. He was very cute in his excitement of wanting to show me what he got. As crazy as he makes me, I love that kid!

Things are a bit different for him this year as instead of 8 kids in his class, there are 20! Instead of 1 teacher, there are 3. He seems to be adjusting fairly well, although I think I need to find a way for him to blow off some steam every day when he gets home. I will work on that. Here is a picture of him on his first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment