Saturday, August 29, 2009

Anniversary to remember

He looks innocent, doesn't he???


So as I said yesterday, we celebrated our anniversary. We didn't have a babysitter so we took the kids with us to dinner. It was fun and Roger and I deviated from our clean eating and enjoyed a Greek dinner at The Olympian. Yummy.


Then, just to add to the fun of the anniversary, we headed to Lowe's to search for glue to install our new hardwood flooring. Of course Lowe's didn't have it. This means an extra trip to Simpsonville (about 25 minutes away) to Lumber Liquidators. This also means an extra week before we can get it done. Oh well. Such is life.


After our trip to Lowe's (where the kids were angelic) we headed to Wal Mart--just to cap off the night. Living large, we are! Unfortunately, our angelic 4-year-old became possessed while we were there and threw the fit to end all fits all because I took him to the bathroom. Needless to say he had to go badly enough that he was doing the pee pee dance, because in his world that is irrelevant. If I didn't know that he was my child and I had seen this event as a bystander, I would have thought that the child was being abducted. I was carrying him by this point because he refused to walk and he is screaming "DAAAADDDDYYYY!!! I WANT MY DAAAADDY! NO, NO, NO!!!!" I was mortified, but determined that he was going to go to the bathroom. Oh yes, this 31-year-old will win the fight with the 4-year-old. Little did I know that he had more defiance left in him. Great. In the bathroom it took 10 more minutes of him screaming that he didn't want to be in there, for him to finally go to the bathroom. Which, by the way, sounded like a hose in a pool of water--nope, he didn't have to go at all.


I thought it was over, but no such luck. We went back to where we had left Roger, and he wasn't there. Meltdown number 2. I actually sat him in the middle of the floor in Wal Mart for a time out. Then I told him that I was no longer speaking to him and that he was going to be quiet while we walked around looking for Daddy because I was pretty upset with him. Did he want to do that? Nope. Oh well, he can trail behind me whining and complaining until we find him. And he did. A lot. We finish our shopping (with Colin now under Roger's care, and Christopher with me in the cart) and head to the truck to leave. Meltdown number 3. "I'm not getting in the truck!" I picked him up and placed him ever so lovingly in his car seat and started to buckle him...again the screaming started. "STOP IT! STOP DOING THAT!!!!!! STOOOOOOOOOP!" I gently...ok, not exactly gently, shut his door and told him to buckle himself.


Then we fought with him after we got home because he was going straight to bed--missing out on his dessert, a story, and special routine with us at bedtime. Two hours later, he was asleep.



Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. Aw, thanks, Colin.


I love that Colin is so much like me. Most of the time. His stubborn streak doesn't mesh well with my stubborn streak. It's a good thing we love each other. Sometimes I think that if given the chance, that he would trade me in for a newer, cooler, nicer model. Until then, he is stuck with me...the one who loves him the most, no matter what.

As a side note, Christopher was in the mood of a lifetime throughout all of this. Giggly, talking, and laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment