Saturday, August 29, 2009

Exercising my life away

As many of you may know, I am a certified personal trainer. I exercise at least 5 days a week and watch my diet the vast majority of the time. I think it's important, I think it's good for me, I want to keep losing baby weight and toning up, and I actually enjoy it. I thought I was pretty fit.

Apparently not as fit as I thought.

Roger and I started the P90X program (www.beachbody.com, look it up) together 3 weeks ago.

Holy. Crap.

Intense doesn't even begin to describe this program. It is a mixture of strength, cardio, diet, flexibility, core, etc. that is reminiscent of some of my preseason days. The first night that we did it, we did chest and back and ab ripper x. I woke myself up my abs hurt so bad that night.

As the three weeks have gone on, I have learned a few things. 1) I was not as fit as I thought, 2) Yoga X sucks total balls 3)Diet and exercise really are the only way to improve your health and meet your weight/body goals and I don't need ice cream every night. I am seeing results after this short time, and am thoroughly impressed with the program. I am noticing that each workout gets easier, while remaining hard. I will kick ab ripper x's butt, I will. I can't wait to post some pictures, but right now I am still just a bit too embarrassed of the before ones. I will post them together when we are done with the program.

If you have reached a point in your working out that you need something new and different, this might be what you need. It is definitely not for beginners though, so be warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment